Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Looks great , did you see any power increase ?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I like them a lot!!!! And they look low enough possibly to install side cases!

I did the Kawasaki Demo Tour last week. Finally got to ride a Connie and KLR.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great , did you see any power increase ?
Haven't been in dyno yet but somehow it feels that it reacts to throttle a bit better (and killers are still inserted).
The weight decreased heavily and it sounds now more like a motorbike :lol

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
That looks great, I wish I could hear them!

Man, I just cannot get over the new 14's. I've always thought they were pretty ugly, in a totally badass, scary, super cool sort of way.
This new re-skin though, they're gorgeous.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, I just cannot get over the new 14's. I've always thought they were pretty ugly, in a totally badass, scary, super cool sort of way.
This new re-skin though, they're gorgeous.
It was the exactly same for me.
The first I said that Busa is so ugly that I never gonna buy it but I did and it was awesome and beautiful.
On that time I said that ZZR is so ugly but surprise, what's the current bike:lol
But you are right, this new -12 model is somehow different than earlier ones.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Looks good but the slip ons still look oversize to me. Almost like the stock mufflers. Maybe it's the decal. I hate decals. They need something less obvious.
I see the Akras save about 26# in weight.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks good but the slip ons still look oversize to me. Almost like the stock mufflers. Maybe it's the decal. I hate decals. They need something less obvious.
I see the Akras save about 26# in weight.
Have you seen this video? It's a black ZZR1400 at a bike show; at about 1:40 there's a really good shot of the mufflers that have a muted Akrapovic decal... they look a lot better. I like the pipes, but I've got to agree with you tho, not a fan of the big colored decals...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you seen this video? It's a black ZZR1400 at a bike show; at about 1:40 there's a really good shot of the mufflers that have a muted Akrapovic decal... they look a lot better. I like the pipes, but I've got to agree with you tho, not a fan of the big colored decals...
Those muted Akrapovic decal exhausts comes from Kawasaki and colored decal ones from straight Akrapovic factory.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The sound is much much better even all four killers inserted.
Not tried yet without killers as the killer bolts have been welded in the factory.
All this mess is related to EU current regulations and approval processes. Silly but true.
The killers are removable but need to break those small weldings before and not done that one yet.

And the mufflers are much smaller and lighter than stock ones, the photos don't the whole true.:rolleyes

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Tervehdys teille Suomessa!

Vmatti,

Hei ja Tervetuloa!

Nice to see someone from Finland on the forum, welcome to you. I have several friends in Finland, in Kaarina and Turku.

One of my friends was just here in Victoria visiting me last week. Our company here in Canada is the Canadian importer and distributor for a brand of Marine and Cottage Heaters manufactured in Kaarina Finland. I will be going there in the fall.

Where in Finland are you?

Oh, and really great looking bike there! Love that colour.

turvalliseen ajoon

OP

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Vmatti,

Hei ja Tervetuloa!

Nice to see someone from Finland on the forum, welcome to you. I have several friends in Finland, in Kaarina and Turku.

One of my friends was just here in Victoria visiting me last week. Our company here in Canada is the Canadian importer and distributor for a brand of Marine and Cottage Heaters manufactured in Kaarina Finland. I will be going there in the fall.

Where in Finland are you?

Oh, and really great looking bike there! Love that colour.

turvalliseen ajoon

OP
Moi OldPete and kiitos for welcome message. Nice to be here.

I'm coming from south part of Finland, Espoo, next to our capital Helsinki.
It's about 150km to Turku and Kaarina, so quite close to that one. It takes less than 1 hour to ride there by ZZR, you know ;)

I guess the company what you are referring to is Wallas, isn't it?

And Tervetuloa to Finland, you surely enjoy to be here.

Ride safe - aja turvallisesti :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
:mfclap It really a good bike.In-line four, four-stroke,It also gets an updated fuel-injection system, three-mode traction control system, redesigned exhaust system, revised styling, improved ergonomics, tweaked chassis, longer swingarm.Wanna buy lower prices parts,neverland-motor.com.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Moi OldPete and kiitos for welcome message. Nice to be here.

I'm coming from south part of Finland, Espoo, next to our capital Helsinki.
It's about 150km to Turku and Kaarina, so quite close to that one. It takes less than 1 hour to ride there by ZZR, you know ;)

I guess the company what you are referring to is Wallas, isn't it?

And Tervetuloa to Finland, you surely enjoy to be here.

Ride safe - aja turvallisesti :D
Moro Vmatti, moi, you are correct!

Yes, that is close to where I will be travelling. When I come over (have not set a time just yet) I will try to take some extra time to spend there and perhaps we can get together.

One of my friends from Wallas, Teuvo, is also a sport bike rider. There may be some way for all of us to go for a ride together, that would be a lot of fun!

It would be good if you can post up some video of some of your favourite riding places. Finland is not so different from here on the west coast, but of course not as many hills.

OP

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And they don't make you take off the mirrors or tape the lights? Lookin' good.
Thanks and correct, just taped as they are plastics, if glass when they have to be removed or heavily taped :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've seen these on a bike in the shop and they look good quality and well made but they're barely smaller than the OE cans. They're definately lighter but exhausts are lowdown sprung weight so no real big advantage IMO. One GOOD thing about the OE's though is they are QUIET! (nice). Each to his own preference I guess but I just can't be doing with noisy exhausts anymore. Grew tired of them years ago.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts