Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 ZZR1200

I have a 2002 ZZR1200 that has stock wheels. I want a different look and want to know what other year Kawasaki wheels will fit without modification. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
Likely none are suitable. Kawasaki used hollow tri-spoke wheels on many of their bikes over the years, but the ones for the smaller displacements are cast thinner, and would be a risky proposition, as well as looking no different.

Since the ZZR 12 was last produced 16 years ago, aftermarket support is pretty thin, but back in the day, ZZR owners replaced the stock wheels with Carrozzeria or Hi-Point wheels, which are forged and quite a bit lighter. Good luck finding any now.

·
6,899 Posts
It is unpleasant.

The 12 front has unique rotor spacing. I have a set of spacers I'd sell that will work with an older 636 front wheel. You will need wheels spacers made

It appears that a 636 wheel will fit the rear but I didn't want a 5.5" rear wheel.

I have a spare set of ZX7R Marchesini 10-spokes and a spare swingarm I'm swapping on. I put a spare set of 2011 ZX10R forks and triples on the front. I'm very happy with the change. Better suspension and much, much lighter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts