Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smile Im going to buy either the Ninja zzR-600 or the 650R new.
I cant decide on which one to buy.
Can ya people help me out, which one should i buy and why?:banghead

·
Registered
200 Posts
i really do not like the 650 b/c it doesn't feel like a sport bike. the handlebars are straight and the overall feel of the 650 i do not like.

go w/ the zzr.

if price is the main consideration, you probably can get a great deal on an '06 ZX6, i know our local dealership has slashed the prices on their remaining '06 stock. i wish i were in the market for a new one now.

good luck man and post up pics of your new bike when you get it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Really depends on your needs & how confident you are. The 650 being a twin & lower powered will be more economical to run & less likey to overwhelm you when you start to open it up .

The ZZR is far sportier, more power & quicker handling & less upright riding position.

If you're gonna do a lot of commuting & city riding the 650 will be worth considering.

Go to the dealer & have a sit on them & try to get a test ride on a demonstrator if you can (assuming you have a license to take one out)

The '06 ZX-6R mentioned above is a later version of the current ZZR (in USA), as the ZZR is based on a 6R from about 6 years ago I think. Both will be more similar bikes regards power, handling & riding position than the 650 is to the ZZR.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Pretty much the ZZR is a 2002 Ninja 6R. My personal opinion seeing how I rode one today and rode behind one all day, If you are looking for a comfortable ride with the lines of a sport bike and the same power as most of the 600's out today then go for it. My only complaint about the bike is that it is carburated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love my ZZR. It is fairly comfy to sit on, and rides and handles great. Plenty of power and torque for running track days, and you get that excellent scream that a twin just wont give you. One HUGE perk that I found later of buying a ZZR is that insurance companies now classify it as a sport/tourer which will save a lot on insurance. Happy shopping!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love my ZZR. It is fairly comfy to sit on, and rides and handles great. Plenty of power and torque for running track days, and you get that excellent scream that a twin just wont give you. One HUGE perk that I found later of buying a ZZR is that insurance companies now classify it as a sport/tourer which will save a lot on insurance. Happy shopping!
+1
I would also go with zzr over the 650 anyday. Its great for long rides, has some what of a "trunk" under the rear seat and has plenty of power as compared to the other 600's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts