Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a bit of a quandry. Besides my ZX9R and Z1000, I also own a ZZ-R1200. My question is.. where then do I place comments and questions about the ZZ-R? It would seem that since the 12R and ZRX all share a common displacement and engine architecture, that this should be the forum for those posts. Any comments?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Hey Ray, welcome here! I feel strange at welcoming you as a newbie on a motorcycle forum though...:smile

As for ZZ-R1200, it is so close to the ZX-11 for a lot of things that they maybe could be merged in the same section?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank Claude. I'm wondering...are you a member of zzrbikes.com too? It seems another 'Claude' who is into 11's, and from Quebec too, visited there....thought maybe he could be you. I used to spend a lot of time over there..was a member almost from the start in 2002.. but that site has deteriorated over the past year or two to where I no longer wish to be a part of it. Besides, my 9R is closest to my heart...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Yes, of course, I'm the same Claude. I also noticed some change at zzr1200 but I do not frequent it enough often to notice that the change was that big. Is it really that bad?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oui Claude..it is that bad, or that's the impression I now have. It seems only very few of the 'old guard' are still there. There is almost no talk of ZZR's anymore...just bullshit, and skinpix of women copied from other sites posted by losers with less than no chance of ever meeting anyone remotely similar. The majority of new members..less than 3 years or so..seem to have no technical knowlege and just basic riding skills. A lot of NASCAR fans...and you know what their women usually look like.. So fat I doubt the SQ would permit most to cross Quebec's border...actually tres Harleyesque...:lol

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
...and you know what their women usually look like.. So fat I doubt the SQ would permit most to cross Quebec's border...actually tres Harleyesque...:lol
Well, at least our roads will be protected from the damaging overweight...:smile

I know how you feel; I also recently left my once favorite motorcycle forum because it changed for the bad in the last years or so (and some other reasons but not meant to be posted here...).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Ray - Claude

I have also jumped off that sinking ship,

More later-Have to hit the hay it's 4;30
will converse tomorrow
Cheers

Fast Blue
aka HiMiler

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wow Walt...great to have you here. I pm'ed several of our 'friends' there, inviting them to join the other great guys/girls here..

And Walt..WTF are you doing up at 04:30....TenBears must be there too?

Actually he's been a member here for some time..same screen name.
Ring me later...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, my ZZR transformation is scheduled to begin this weekend.

-helibars
-fork brace
-new tires/brakes/chain & sprockets (I'm gearing UP)
-new (used) plastics (I nearly got killed in September by a jerk cager)
-complete tune up

I just can't get rid of this bike!

Ride safe fellas and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well you can not wear out a Kaw, especially a great one like the ZZR. Would have kept my last 04 but the bad habit of constantly playing with new models brought another 14 home. Ever bike just seems to get better with time. The wife's ZX-9R is going on 5 years here with more happiness from every ride for her. Had to break down last summer and bring the C-14 online due to the 225 mile work ride. No regrets, just would like more time to enjoy the other bikes. Yes, the ZZR was and is a great machine to keep and enjoy for many years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts