Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new kid on the block...
iv aquired an ZXR750L from 1994 at the end of the season last yeah, and been putting a few thousand km on the clock already.
but after a speedy run the other day, a kinda loud ticking have appeared. and iv been searching around for the cause.
iv checked the headers, nothing loose there.

here is a short video with the noise

Hope i can draw on your knowlegde, to solve the problem :)
Best regards
A.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
Possibly cam chain tensioner. If you pull the valve cover you will want to inspect to see if the cam chain guide is still on the valve cover. If it’s not then that might be part of your noise. If it is missing you will want to pull the oil pan and clean it out (along with the inside of the oil pump pickup screen. You’ll have chunks of hard black rubber in both places and it will be obscuring the oil pump pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
How much oil do you have in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responce.
iv ordret a new tensioner last night, and pulled out the old one out today, but with my exp i cant see if its deffect, by looking at it. So i think ill change that first and see if thats sorts the tickking. and changet the oil and filter aswell today, and there was no granulated rubber to spot. if its the cam chain, i have to get it by a shop. i know nothing about the valve timeing and such :/

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Might as well have the shop adjust your valves too while they're in there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts