Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike stars cold with choke easy and runs great
Dosent turn off or anything when riding but when it gets to tempt and trys to start then it will bearly start?! Valves has been adjusted in 400miles and battery is brand new. Runing too rich? Choke and giving gas makes starting even worse when its warm and you can smell the gas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bike stars cold with choke easy and runs great
Dosent turn off or anything but when it gets to tempt and trys to start then it will bearly start?! Valves has been adjusted in 400miles and battery is brand new. Runing too rich? Choke and giving gas makes starting even worse when it warm and you can smell the gas.
Model, zxr-750L 1993

·
6,778 Posts
Check that all your fuel lines are not kinked. These bikes are prone to vapor lock if the hoses are not routed properly.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,277 Posts
Check that all your fuel lines are not kinked. These bikes are prone to vapor lock if the hoses are not routed properly.
Make sure they're the molded lines and not the run of the mill fuel lines you can buy from the auto parts store. I learned my lesson on that.

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
Check to verify all 4 enrichener needles are seating fully when you switch off the 'choke'

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i adjusted the valves again to be sure and the intake valves was on spec, 3 exhust valves was lose now they are in spec, sparkplugs showed coffee with milk type brown so the mixture is right not rich or too lean, one spark plug wire was lose and one of the sparkplugs. Now they are fixed and i did get new fuel lines for the gas tank. It runs better and havent left me on the road when warm but some times it dont start with the first press of the starter and needs little bit of gas. Mayby the jetting is not perfect so im might get the dynojet kit with all the jets and new needles.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,277 Posts
i adjusted the valves again to be sure and the intake valves was on spec, 3 exhust valves was lose now they are in spec, sparkplugs showed coffee with milk type brown so the mixture is right not rich or too lean, one spark plug wire was lose and one of the sparkplugs. Now they are fixed and i did get new fuel lines for the gas tank. It runs better and havent left me on the road when warm but some times it dont start with the first press of the starter and needs little bit of gas. Mayby the jetting is not perfect so im might get the dynojet kit with all the jets and new needles.
I would get either the factory pro jet kit or stock keihin jets to rejet it. DJ kit is finicky

1 - 10 of 10 Posts