Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My zxr750 with 41000miles clicks not hard but you can hear it on idle to like 4500rpm. Valves has been adjusted in 124miles so its not them. Cam chain seem to be ok there was no slack,
I used a screwdriver to locate the sound and it souded coming from the carbs? Weird right? Any body has any explanation for this. I have heard that zxr7 engines makes this type sounds normally but it bothers me.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,279 Posts
Could you upload a video to youtube and post a link here?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Sounds like a clacking noise rather than a clicking noise.

This is an old video of my first 7 with a stock exhaust on it and the carbs needing to be synced. I don't hear that same clacking noise at idle. I can't put my finger on what it exactly sounds like. I'll post back when it comes to me

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can take a better video to day, when riding you can hear it when rolling low rpm and engine braking. Sounds like it comes from the valves leftside ”when riding” but when i did the screwdriver thing there was no hard clicks or clacks just the cams turning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can take a better video to day, when riding you can hear it when rolling low rpm and engine braking. Sounds like it comes from the valves leftside ”when riding” but when i did the screwdriver thing there was no hard clicks or clacks just the cams turning.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
There is a decent amount of mechanical noise with these bikes. If the exhaust stud/nuts are loose or gasket leaking, they make it sound like mechanical clatter.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I did reset the camchain tensoner and it did not much. can the exhust headers make that type of sound? And is the zxr’s engine loud sounding engine from the factory.
There is a decent amount of mechanical noise with these bikes. If the exhaust stud/nuts are loose or gasket leaking, they make it sound like mechanical clatter.
Yea, they're quite noisy from factory. At idle, it should remind you of a tractor engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have to check it out,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, they're quite noisy from factory. At idle, it should remind you of a tractor engine.
Okey well thats good news i was worried because my frends own a honda cbr 600 f2 pc25 and it was very quiet compare to the zxr and i have own one too. Im from europe so i have the emission stuff on the valve cover blocked off but can the noises come from there?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Okey well thats good news i was worried because my frends own a honda cbr 600 f2 pc25 and it was very quiet compare to the zxr and i have own one too. Im from europe so i have the emission stuff on the valve cover blocked off but can the noises come from there?
Not anymore than what you can hear. The valvetrain is the noisy culprit and has always been that way

1 - 16 of 16 Posts