Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have a problem with clutch on my zxr 750 L 93

I start my zxr and pull the clutch lever and then put from neutral to first gear and bike just kicks and dies like there is no clutch.

what is wrong, i check the lever and it squizes really hard and it has oil, motorcycle was standing for 2 years.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Clutch plates are stuck together.
There are a few ways to unstick them, most have to do with getting the bike hot and rocking it back and forth.
There are other ways, however they are kinda dangerous

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i take out the clutch plates and they were a little stuck together but i could put them apart with a hand or screwdriwer, now i put all back but still looks the same, if I put in 6th gear and try to rotate the rear wheel when the clutch is pulled in i can hardly move the rear wheel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notice the inner clutch basket on photo has a lot of free movement, could this cause any problems?

My clutch fricton plates tickness is 2.8mm, clutch disc 2.0 mm

I also notice the side stand sensor is not working, if the bike is on side stand and in gear I can still turn it on , i really appreaciate any help, i think i need to take off both clutch baskets to find the problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure about the clutch problem, you could pay for an hour of diagnosis from a local shop and then tackle it yourself. The side stand sensor can lock up, make sure it still has movement. You can also test the sensor circuit itself. The sensor is an open/close, easy to diagnose. Check connectors for corrosion.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I replace the clutch discs and plates with some other used one which i find them in my garage, the plates are different, with smooth surface, i change them and the clutch was working , rear wheel was spining in 1st gear when i pulled in the clutch lever but i have a different problem now, the engine revs dont come up, it feels like clutch is slipping, probably the plates are not in good shape beacuse i put in some old used one

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
clutch is ok now, i am just worried beacuse inner clutch hub has a lot of free play, so its probably better if i put complete clutch from my spare zx7r engine on this bike, i notice there is no free play on that clutch.

my other problem is what to do with my rusted tank beacuse i try everything, i soak it in vinegar but rust still remains inside and i think it blocks the fuel getting out from the tank and thats why engine didnt had power today, i tested without fuel tank and it was running great.
Plus i am trying to find original zxr 750L tank hoses but i dont know where to search.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey mate. In regard to your fuel tank. In australia and many more countries we have this stuff called clr clear. It disolves rust. If you can get this i believe this will clean out your tank.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Evaporust or similar work extremely well. You may have to line tank with POR15 when done depending on how bad rust is. Rust removal products can cause holes that are being blocked by rusted metal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i fixed the problem now, it wasnt so bad it only needed new fuel line hoses beacuse the one who were mounted now were to wide and there wasnt enough room to mount them so they where squished together and block the fuel going into the carbs.

I am just comcern about the black clutch hub beacuse it has a lot of free movement, is it necessary to fix that or is it still ok beacuse when I hear the engine runing it has a nice sound.

The other problem is with the front right headlamp H1, sometimes its not working when i turn on the long high beam headlights, also if i turn on the low beam lights its only the left light working, is that normal or should both lights work all the time?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i fixed the problem now, it wasnt so bad it only needed new fuel line hoses beacuse the one who were mounted now were to wide and there wasnt enough room to mount them so they where squished together and block the fuel going into the carbs.

I am just comcern about the black clutch hub beacuse it has a lot of free movement, is it necessary to fix that or is it still ok beacuse when I hear the engine runing it has a nice sound.

The other problem is with the front right headlamp H1, sometimes its not working when i turn on the long high beam headlights, also if i turn on the low beam lights its only the left light working, is that normal or should both lights work all the time?
sounds like a battery issue maybe if you can try a better battery or if you have a schematic check for voltage drop

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
today i switch the right light bulb with H4 and everything is working, the short and long lights plus pass button, I really dont understand why originaly there is a H1 light bulb when only one short light is working plus pass button was not working.

but i am loosing patience with this fuel delivery problem, every time is the same, when i put back the tank the fuel stops going out and bike doesnt start, if i pour fuel directly into carbs it will work, i am thinking to just put a hose directly from the fuel to the carb without petcock and plug the other holle, really dont know if the rust is causing this, beacuse the last time when i take off the tank the fuel was really going out nice and clean, maybe there is problem also beacuse small cam chain got stuck inside of the tank when i was cleaning the rust and i cant get it out now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have replaced the petcock with the one from J model beacuse on the original one i have notice that even if i put it on off the fuel still goes out, plus i have shortened the fuel lines and now its really ok, only one thing which i dont understand, i take off youshimura silencer and after that about 1 dcl of water leaked out of the silencer I have no idea how could this came there, shown on the photo.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts