Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because I was interested to know what ZX-9R colors where available over the years in North America, I made a search through Kawasaki's website. And, to complete the work, I tried to find a picture for every color available for each year. Thinking that this could be helpful to some here, I decided to post all of this. So, the post below is the result of my searches. I would have prefered to get all studio pictures of the same size and of the same side but I have not been able to do so. Also, all the bikes pictures are not totally stock while it would have been nice if they were.

Of course, I could have made mistakes and if any of you want to keep this thread alive and correct, please e-mail ([email protected]) me for any mistake you find and I'll correct them. Also, if you have better pictures than those below of any color of any year, please send them to me and I'll replace mine with yours. Hope this post will be helpful.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
1994 B1
USA:1) Green & White & Violet, 2) Ebony & Grey & Red
Canada: Same

1995 B2
USA:1) Green & White & Violet, 2) Candy Wine Red

1996 B3
USA:1) Pearl purplish Mica, 2) Lime Green & Pearl Alpine White

1997 B4
USA:1) Firecracker Red, 2) Lime Green & Pearl Alpine White
California:1) Firecracker Red

1998 C1
USA:1) Lime Green, 2) Candy Persimmon Red
Canada: 1) Lime Green, 2) Candy Persimmon Red, 3) Candy Lightning Blue

1999 C2
USA:1) Lime Green, 2) Candy Lightning Blue
Canada: 1) Lime Green, 2) Candy Lightning Blue, 3) Candy Persimmon Red

2000 E1
USA:1) Lime Green & Metallic Violet Royal, 2) Pearl Purplish Mica
Canada: 1) Lime Green & Metallic Violet Royal, 2) Pearl Purplish Mica, 3) Ebony & Firecracker Red

2001 E2
USA:1) Candy Lime Green, 2) Firecracker Red & Pearl Purplish Black Mica
Canada: 1) Candy Lime Green, 2) Pearl Gentry Gray & Pearl Purplish Black Mica

2003 F2
USA:1) Galaxy Silver Type 2, 2) Lime Green
Canada: 1) Galaxy Silver Type 2, 2) Lime Green, 3) Metallic Comet Blue

·
Registered
123 Posts
i like the sliver the best. good work Claude!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the missing pics Bean. As you can see, I edited my original post to include those last ones (after slight downsizing of two of them). If you want to delete any double posts, feel free to do so. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
great post!!! i prefer the older decal schemes far more than the little to no paint schemes on new bikes today. yeah the older schemes are crazy but those are what made me take notice and start to pay attention to these awsome machines in the first place as a kid. ++1 for the wild older colors, i hope they along with colored rims come back and until then i sport a 99 zx7r with kaw green powder coated rims; looking to get a 99 zx9......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice thread
I recently purchaced what I thought was a 2000 with a factory paint scheme but the VIN pulls up an 01 man I love that Candy lime green color

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great job!

I love the pics, thanks for doing that- been looking for this for a while. I own an '00 ZX-9R, and man is she sweet. Green with powder-coated green rims, makes for a great bike.

·
Registered
432 Posts
OK Claude..since you've proven to be a great researcher, can you tell me if the E and F series fairing under panel will fit a C2 [ It looks like it does..]? And if so, where can I find a carbon fibre piece?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ray, I've never been that far in my ZX-9R searches. I think the ZX-9R is a very interesting bike; I would like to get one (2002 or 2003) to replace my aging ZX-11. However, our governement recently published a black list of bikes which registrations will be much more expensive than non sportbike and this alone persuaded me to stop thinking at the 9... I think the best forum I know of to get your answer is the one below:

http://www.zx-12r.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=2886f6c6735a9e7d5a8713bd7fad1e4a

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks Claude....just what I needed, another ZX forum to consume my time:clap :smile For some reason I thought you were wise in all things ZX..

I'm still a member of CMA and subscribe to Cycle Canada, so I know about the insane proposals coming from 'Le Ministre d'Assurance Quebec' concerning bikes above 400cc. I hope he is driven from office in the next elections.. It's unbelievable how screwed up the government of 'La Belle Provence' has become since I moved from Montreal 17 years ago..

A thought Claude...if you have a friend living south of the 49th, why not register and insure a bike there. That's what I did..all my stuff had Vermont registration and insurance, all at a lawyer friend's home address in Jeffersonville. Back then, before Bush's crazy paronoia, it was possible to have a driner's license there too..which I did. In fact it expired just last year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen zx-9r's from 2001 that have a slightly different colour than the candy lime green pictured above. The colour is darker or lighter depending on the angle and reflects a bit more light.

The different colour looks very cool, and I've been trying to figure out what it is. I think it might be green metallic paint that makes the difference, though I'm not sure. I've only ever seen them on the street a few times (and online but its hard to tell) but when I go into bike shops looking for it I haven't found it.

Can anyone confirm whether my hypothesis (the difference being green metallic paint) is correct? If it is then at least I'll know exactly what I'll be looking for when I upgrade.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts