Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Process of elimination, but I am getting vibration under light braking (touching the brake lightly setting up for cornering for example) it vibrates markedly. If I try and do hard braking, it vibrates momentarily and then smooths out.
I have newish pads, new rotors, rebuilt master cylinder, new head stem bearings. The front wheel bearing appear to be in good shape.
Could it be the pistons sticking in the callipers?
Thoughts / experience welcome please
Thanks Ash

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,594 Posts
What's the condition of the brake lines and are they braided SS? Only other thing I can think of is the caliper if it's not the lines.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
rotors are not straight or not flush to mounting face... had this multiple times on my 9

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rotors are not straight or not flush to mounting face... had this multiple times on my 9
Thanks @slim1100 - we were really careful, obviously not careful enough when we replaced the discs this weekend . The previous discs I thought were warped, that’s why we changed them . I guess we will take them off and refit them . Any tips? Thanks heaps

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
If they still have enough meat have them ground level or when installing them follow the correct pattern taking your time and torque to spec.

Reactions: Ashzx9
1 - 6 of 6 Posts