Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t get bike to start when I hit the starter switch nothing happens tried jumping it with a screw driver and it cranks but don’t turn over any ideas , when I bought the bike the guy told me there was an anti theft deal on it where I had to turn the bike all the way in one direction for it to start a bout a month later had to turn it the opposite way for it to start until one day it wouldn’t start either way I turned it

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,415 Posts
I think the anti theft deal was a lie and something was just actually wrong I tracked down the wires and none where kinked up or broke
Is the ignition switch OEM or aftermarket?

·
7,120 Posts
Silly things

Is it in neutral?
Clutch lever in?
Kill switch set to on?
Battery with a good charge?
Kickstand up?

Turn the key clockwise all the way and try again. Not all those are necessary, but process of elimination.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Silly things

Is it in neutral?
Clutch lever in?
Kill switch set to on?
Battery with a good charge?
Kickstand up?

Turn the key clockwise all the way and try again. Not all those are necessary, but process of elimination.
First thing I thought of was something happening with the kickstand switch maybe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll try and check the kick stand switch , but in the past it would start w the kick stand down just wouldn’t stay running if I tried to take off w it down

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I hit the starter it doesn’t even try to turn over battery is fully charged and new and when I try to bypass it with a screw driver it will crank the bike but doesn’t turn it all the way over , and it’s cranking good that way like it’s not dead at all just still won’t turn over

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,415 Posts
When I hit the starter it doesn’t even try to turn over battery is fully charged and new and when I try to bypass it with a screw driver it will crank the bike but doesn’t turn it all the way over , and it’s cranking good that way like it’s not dead at all just still won’t turn over
That's because not all the circumstances are met to allow the bike to start/run.

The Neutral Light needs to be green to Indicate that it is in Neutral
The Killswitch in the RUN position
Clutch Switch connected
Sidestand/Kickstand UP
Start button depressed

Bypassing the starter relay shows that you have a good battery and Starter works. What this doesn't allow is Spark and Fuel Delivery. So, test the volts/amps on the starter relay when you're pressing the start button. It'll either show you a reading or it'll show you close to a zero reading. Then either check or bypass the clutch switch and sidestand switch. Try to start the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts