Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All ,

I’m new to the forums and also dyslexic so things might not make sense sorry and bear with me .

any way I have bought a ZX9R (C1) tonight really pleased with it !
The Caliper right side also the rear is sticking the are the standard 4 pots . I want to take them off tomorrow is there anything I need to know hints or tips really welcome . (Newbie to biking)

I was considering getting them refubed, can anyone recommend a place ?
Sorry if I sound like I don’t have a clue ... I don’t !!
😂

look forward to any help thanks

paul

·
Registered
124 Posts

You can do it pretty easily yourself, just need a torque wrench to tighten caliper halves back together and you will need a socket set. You can probably reuse your old seals but best would be to buy new ones, but reuse the pistons as all they do is move the seals to a degree, so unless really damaged or scuff, pitted bad just reuse and clean em up nice. Lots of videos to help you out. I just redid my Tokico 6 pots on my 2000 E1 model

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You can do it pretty easily yourself, just need a torque wrench to tighten caliper halves back together and you will need a socket set. You can probably reuse your old seals but best would be to buy new ones, but reuse the pistons as all they do is move the seals to a degree, so unless really damaged or scuff, pitted bad just reuse and clean em up nice. Lots of videos to help you out. I just redid my Tokico 6 pots on my 2000 E1 model
Thanks a lot 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts