Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a zx9b and want ro know what mods are there to fit the zx9c motor please advice if you guys have done it struggling here in S. A

·
6,920 Posts
Only with a sawzall and a welder. The C engine is almost as wide as the outside of the B frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have found a model c subframe to fit to the rest of my model b will that work or will it be best to rebuild all spares to the model c

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts
i have found a model c subframe to fit to the rest of my model b will that work or will it be best to rebuild all spares to the model c
A subframe? That's not going to matter. C engine is still too big for the B model main frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A subframe? That's not going to matter. C engine is still too big for the B model main frame.
Sorry i was talking about the main frame where the engine is mounted so i have a full rolling chassis for a C model and a full Model b bike will all the parts just fit over?

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts
Sorry i was talking about the main frame where the engine is mounted so i have a full rolling chassis for a C model and a full Model b bike will all the parts just fit over?
I don't know enough about C models to give you a definitive answer. Maybe @57x could chime in about the differences.

·
6,920 Posts
Simple answer ....... no. The C frame is 2ish inches wider than the B. To give you an idea, I put my C valve cover on top of one of my B's and when lining it up on one side of the two covers it was outside the frame on the other side. If you widen the fairings enough to fit around the frame without breaking them they would be very short, and the lowers would then touch the front tire, and have a huge gap. The ram air systems are "similar" but major crafting would be necessary to get it to fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oky tanx man you gave me alot of advice here will se what i can do to get it all sorted hopefully i will manage other wise it will become a naked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts