Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I want to remove that crossbar look on my 01, where can i get the new bracket and i think thats all i would need to just replace the cross bar to this new one, anything would i need?
Did you have to modify anything else to get this part to fit? i have an 01 and i'd rather not buy the one that gets in the way if i don't have to...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeah I did this exact swap..theres nothing else you need.. take off the cage style upper fairing stay, upper front fairing.. remove the gauge bracket..throw on the gauges to the new one and the F1/F2 model bracket is direct bolt on..just 1 piece (mirror/gauge) instead of the cage style mirror bracket and gauge bracket..except when I did this my headlight tab broke..(previously repaired)..just take your time and be patient..I wasnt .. I was rushing for ROTM..and well she still lies in pieces LOL..

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
The 98-01 H-bar mirror bracket can also be added to the 02-03 without removing its Y-bar. <here>.

Why? Several reasons. Mirror vibration suppression, the H-bar makes an excellent arm rest on long voyages, helps change up the riding position and almost lets the rider snooze while resting on the tank, and with a ZG-ST, allows for additional cockpit electronics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
96zx9r

This thread is pretty old but I need answers ASAP lol. I just bought a 1996 zx9r what year models plastic and fairings are interchangeable with no or little modifications needed. Also I need new gauges

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question I have a 96 ZX9 I would like to give the front end a newer look would the 2000 ZX9 side fairings and front work with my 96? I know I have to get a new headlight but as far as the fairings with a match

·
6,624 Posts
Quick question I have a 96 ZX9 I would like to give the front end a newer look would the 2000 ZX9 side fairings and front work with my 96? I know I have to get a new headlight but as far as the fairings with a match
Simple answer, no. They are very different bikes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 97 needs new fairings and with as old as that thread was i figured somebody might have some new answers after all these years

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so will a 2002 zx9r fairing kit fit a 1998 zx9r including the front nose air induct ,sides. And underbelly

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes.
The only differences are zx-9r F's have forward engine mounts so earlier side fairings need a little work to fit the F. Also tail fairing for the F only fit the F rear subframe.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts