Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
if i am installing 00-01 body work on a 99 zx9, will i need to switch out the air ducts as well as the upper fairing stay? and is there anything else i'll need to change?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ian, you'll need the ram air ducts from the frame out from the 00. You may even need the hard plastic tube going thru the frame. You wouldn't be from Cape Breton would ya? I work with several people from Nova Scotia and they sure talk about how beautiful it is.....is there lot's of good roads to ride?

·
Registered
27 Posts
the zx9 i just bought had a really (and i mean REALLY) cheap fiberglass set of bodywork.
i sold it all for a couple hundred dollars (that was before i saw what the headlights go for on ebay - oops)
anyhow, there are way more options for to 00-01 bodywork, and it just plain looks cooler.
so i'm going that direction.
as for the roads in nova scotia, there are deffinetly some good ones, the cabot trail in cape breton is unreal. i've never done it on a bike, couple of sports cars though - looking forward to riding it on the 9 next summer, my father has a zx12... should make for a fun weekend.
there are also some roads in the southern part of the province which are to die for. sadly most of the centeral bits around where i live are too straight... like people were in a hurry to get where they were going when the made them =-)

aboogie - did you run into any issues with the swap? did you need the tubes as well as the ducts?
thanks guys

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No I didnt run into any issues....... Well, sorta kinda with the wiring of the speedo but I got a diagram on it and it worked out fine........

Parts

--00-03 front end cowl

--02-03 headlight bracket/fairing stay (much better then the 00-01, which you have to use the same fairing stay bracket as we have on out 9s now..the 02-03 has one build it that goes fwd in the cowl and up)

--00-03 headlight

--00-03 ram air ducts, and duct covers, ram air scoop

--00-03 gauges (which will work perfect with the 98-99, i have the wiring diagram..all you do is pull the wiring from the harness and move them around)

·
Registered
27 Posts
why did you have to change the gauges? i don't wanna do that at all... my speedo reads 300km... any of the newer ones all have 280 for the highest #.
and could you explain better the 00-01 vs 02-03 bracket... i can see the difference from 98-98 vs 00+. but why'd you used the 02-03?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
why did you have to change the gauges? i don't wanna do that at all... my speedo reads 300km... any of the newer ones all have 280 for the highest #.
and could you explain better the 00-01 vs 02-03 bracket... i can see the difference from 98-98 vs 00+. but why'd you used the 02-03?
Well I didnt have to change the gauges.... I liked the newer version better so I swapped out......

I personally like the look of 02-03 bracket better because it doesnt give me that cross bar look above the triple tree......

Here is the 02 -03 look.....

Here is the 00 - 01 look........

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks again for you input... my parts are all starting to roll in. gotta get this back together before it's too cold to ride!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
So this post is a little old but will the 02-03 bracket swap out with the 00-01?

I like the look better than the stock 01 cross bar. Does the 02-03 also hold the gauges or no?

·
Registered
264 Posts
awesome. been trying to find a 00-01 gaugre bracket with no luck. looks like ill go with the 02-03 style.

I guess my next question is, is there another brace/bracket i need up front besides the 02-03 one? the 00-01 had two if im not mistaken- one for the mirrors and such one for the gauges that also hooked to the headlights i think.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well i found a 00-01 gauge bracket for 45 shipped so i had to go with that. cant get a better price shipped. Guess the newer bracket will be an upgrade for winter. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question on a 01 ZX9

Well I didnt have to change the gauges.... I liked the newer version better so I swapped out......

I personally like the look of 02-03 bracket better because it doesnt give me that cross bar look above the triple tree......

Here is the 02 -03 look.....

Here is the 00 - 01 look........

I want to remove that crossbar look on my 01, where can i get the new bracket and i think thats all i would need to just replace the cross bar to this new one, anything would i need?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Nope nothing else you just need the 02-03 gauge bracket your gauge bracket will have the 2 nuts and bolts needed..you can get it on ebay

·
Registered
3 Posts
does anyone know where i can get an 02-03 zx9r tail fairing? i bought a kit offline and the tail piece was for 98-01 with the grab bar, and they can't get one where i got the kit from.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts