Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats what I was thinking.

I’ve never seen one for sale before so have no idea what they go for. For the amount of bike you get, 10 grand is ridiculous but when you factor in how rare they are I suppose things can get a bit silly. I would love one but not for only £1000 less than a new zx10r!

·
Registered
674 Posts
10k POUNDS too. I wouldn't pay 100 DOLLARS for it. I got mine with a purple tail (more kms thou) for less than 1/4 of that!

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Not sure about the all green colour scheme though. I think even the european bikes were purple tail and rims. I definitely would not give them 10000 pounds for it! That's about what I paid in 96 for both of mine.

·
Registered
548 Posts
For 10 grand, I could buy a few zx7's in good shape. lol I paid $1300 for mine and all it needed was a key switch. Some here have paid way less for a bike that needed little TLC to get road ready.

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
Doesn't the RR have an adjustable swingarm pivot? That one may be a clone or just a 7R with different decals.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Shouldn't pay more than 6 grand for a pristine one in the States. Going rate is only around $5,000 for an RR.

Josh

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
and steering head I thought?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Shouldn't pay more than 6 grand for a pristine one in the States. Going rate is only around $5,000 for an RR.

Josh
You'd have to be pretty quick to snap one up at that price. A REALLY rough one up here (with a bunch of 'RR' parts missing) in Canada recently got sold for around that.

I doubt I'll ever spend that much money for any bike, ever.
Lol ya I say that to myself all the time too but I bet if I added up all the $$ I've spent on my bike over the years it'd be a pretty scary number! :eek:hno

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You'd have to be pretty quick to snap one up at that price. A REALLY rough one up here (with a bunch of 'RR' parts missing) in Canada recently got sold for around that.

Lol ya I say that to myself all the time too but I bet if I added up all the $$ I've spent on my bike over the years it'd be a pretty scary number! :eek:hno
There was a Canadian member that tried for 2 years to sell his pristine RR bike for 6 grand with no takers.

He had plenty of offers for 4-5 grand.

It's a rare bike no doubt, but not a valuable one.

Josh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts