Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. I am new to this site.
I am making a vfr single sided swingarm conversion set up for my 1997 zx7r.
Everything is set up, but can't seem to work out the rear tire alignment.
I have not touched the frame, just using custom spacers for the pivot bolt, and custom spacers for the suspension. I'm using the stock zx7r suspension.
I can post pics later on today. The offset of the 96 vfr swinger and the 98 5.5 rim make for a terrible problem to figure out. Everything up to this point has been straight forward. Except for the alignment!
Just wondering if anyone else has tried this conversion with any success?
The triumph 955i axle/hub/rim set up is coming this week, purchased off ebay. I have read that the triumph hub fits inside the vfr swingarm. And that the triumph rim will have to be machined 5mm to bring the wheels inline. Will have to wait and see.
You can see that I have the bike done.Look at my avatar!
Complete with dual indigo exhaust system. The custom pipes look like crap. I am going to have R&R Performance make me some stainless steel pipes soon. Just need to get the alignment right.
I measured wrong and the brand spankin new 98 vfr axle has been modd'ed wrong. Out of $126.00 and $200.00 worth of machining! I went from have to much on one side and not enough on the other. To having the complete reversal with the new modd'ed axle. lol. So instead of 11mm. I think I need 4-5mm instead. This math is a p.i.t.a.!
-Frank

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the swing arm conversion is done!
If anyone wants to know how to do one or wants to buy the spacers I had make let me know.
Please see my other thread for pics.
thanks,Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts