Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I bought my ZX7R without the MPH clock working, I've checked speedo cable and it's fine, took the front wheel off with speedo drive and realized nothing is turning the speedo drive. I think Ineed some sort of spacer or something.Please help, what do you call this spacer and where can I buy is from?

·
Registered
82 Posts
go to bike bandit. There should be asome brass colored thin spacer that forks out and sinks into the speedo to make it spin, thus giving you your speed. Should not be more thatn a few dollars.
-Frank

·
Registered
11 Posts
the drive unit is mounted beside the wheel bearing on that side of the weel (left), and is held in place with the same circlip that retains the bearing in position. there easy to bend when the wheel is off and falls over. make shure that the speedo is not locked up if you get a new drive or it will break the cable or mabe bend the new drive unit.

when I bought my bike the speedo was locked up and would not turn with a new cable, I had to get a new speedo and replace the old one. ebay-200+dollarsUSA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts