Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some retro/future concept vids of ZX7Rs and more. Would prefer a twin spar box frame.
Low likelihood, but sure is a nice daydream. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had the same thought. I would be throwing money at the dealership if it went into production though.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts
I like the idea of a resurrected 7 with trellis frame and SC 748cc/749cc powerplant. Though, I'm partial to the L model fairing design and know that a new sport bike with big round headlights isn't going to come to fruition. I'm sure if they modernize it that I would like it. More importantly, it would have to be just as stable of a ride as the original 7.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about something similar to the retro Mustang/Camaro/Challenger era. Hopefully we get motorcycle aesthetic designs that differ from now since everything is aero focused. Can only get edges so sharp, or apply racing tech so much before a shift right?

I imagine the late 80's through the 90's that were still less aerodynamically influenced, with all the modern chassis and technological advantages. Currently only Ducati makes attractive bikes, (intentionally IMO) and it looks like that is nearing an end for supersports.

The luxury car market is building cars from the 1930's and up, either totally original, or as a restomod currently. Can't be too much longer before it hits the motorcycle world.

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
i want it all

·
Registered
205 Posts
I dig it.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts
Read an article that Kawasaki might be bringing a parallel twin ninja 700cc sport bike to replace the 650. This would compete with Yamaha's new r7

Reactions: TheUX31EGuy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts