Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have found a way to got direct drive on to the oil pump off the clutch but i will lose 15% on the gearing this way,so pump will spin 15% less each revolution,but to compensate for this i will blank of the oil feed that fed the top of the chain, that use to dive the oil pump and geney,so will this be ok???
the rear chain drive cog of the clutch basket will fit the pump with some welding and machining and make the oil pump gear driven.
engine is a race bike engine

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
It all comes down to volume and pressure. I would not plug off any oil holes at all. Just put a gauge on it to see what the pressure is at idle and WOT.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
i have found a way to got direct drive on to the oil pump off the clutch but i will lose 15% on the gearing this way,so pump will spin 15% less each revolution,but to compensate for this i will blank of the oil feed that fed the top of the chain, that use to dive the oil pump and geney,so will this be ok???
the rear chain drive cog of the clutch basket will fit the pump with some welding and machining and make the oil pump gear driven.
engine is a race bike engine
What year is your 7? Kawaski used to make a different oil pump drive gear to slow it down a little bit for all out engine performance. This was primarily intended for endurance racers. For the 94 ZX7R (M2) the part number is 12046-1147. I believe you had to buy all the pieces to make this work. That includes:
Chain guide: 12053-1322
Sprocket: 12046-1154
Tensioner assembly: 12048-1127
Sprocket (alternator):12046-1148
Chain: 92057-1372
Chain Guide: 12053-1321
Sprocket(Oil Pump): 12046-1147

I have no idea if any of these parts are still available.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zx7r engine is kit head ,kit pistons,race crank,penned and polished rods,gear driven oil pump(this is wot the question is about),hawk engine casings to there race spec,and some other bits and bobs..

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
zx7r engine is kit head ,kit pistons,race crank,penned and polished rods,gear driven oil pump(this is wot the question is about),hawk engine casings to there race spec,and some other bits and bobs..
That sounds like a fun engine.I would restrict the oil flow to the head but I would not completely block it off anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts