Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

i found 93 zxr 750 r from some guy who had it at home and was sitting there for like 10 years.

I try to start it with new gas but it didnt so i put on the carbs from my other L model and it started, engine rev only i notice really black smoke going out of exhaust when i rev it high, maybe beacuse it was sitting so long
when it was idling there was no blue or white smoke from exhaust

i have let it idle for like 15 min, when i turn of the engine i notice the water in expansion bowl was boiling, i could hear the sound of boiling water, i need to check termostat switch beacuse the fan didnt turn on..
if anyone has fcr 39 i would buy it beacuse the bike came with normal carbs but the engine is rr beacuse i noticed the inlet rubbers were from M model so probably they just switch the carbs

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
To run the 39mm FCRs you will also need the adapter plate to mount airbox as they are different.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
The pad is still available from Kawasaki. However, the bracket is going to be tough to find.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much would be realistic price for M tail cowling plus the tail frame? Without the seat pad

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Do you still have two functioning kidneys? It will be pricey due to original numbers minus the ones that were wrecked. If you find an unbroken OEM (or repaired one) that needs paint, you might get it cheaper but not much.
These parts are unicorn poop and the prices will reflect it.

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
anyone know where to get replacement seat pad for the oem seat panel? View attachment 18379
Not to be the bearer of bad news but it appears the center section of your tail faring is broken. The lower section of the front is missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have the lower section also but its separate, so its broken, i will just sell the tail and make it two seater like L model, i just need to find fairings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts