Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took some photos of my 1989 ZXR750 H1 Motor.
Your serial 018204
My serial 036412
Yours is older, I believe your motor is from a older GPX750 one. (ZX750F).

My Sump -

Your sump

Ebay auction for a ZX750F sump below

http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-KAWASAKI...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f07a3a09e&vxp=mtr

The two motors have the same DNA, but are very, very different, especially in the head department.

I'm not trying to annoy you, just save you and a potential buyer a rather large headache. I have been stung in the past by this exact same scenario.
Trying to pin point the year of the engine I just picked up . Any idea on this number . I am thinking 87 or 88 .Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
87-88 would be my guess as well. NOT ZX7 H1 for sure. Oil capacity of 3.8L is older bike. Engine number is way too early for ZX7 as well.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Be very careful looking for parts. As previously mentioned, H1 and H2 are extremely different (rods, pistons, rings, cylinder head, cams, oil pan and carbs). The F bikes are different from both of these as well.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
From what I can see in pics, it could be 87-89 F1-F3. Likely not much difference between the years as it was at the end of its development and the start of the ZX7 H1.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
No problem. It does share a few parts with the ZX7 but not many. Use a source like Partzilla to see what bikes it shares parts with. At the bottom it will show what other bikes share the parts. Or simply compare part numbers. This way you can expand your search when looking for parts.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts