Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to fit a 91-01 Muzzy stainless header on my 2000 ZX7-R today and it seems like the header tubes would not fit into the exhaust ports deep enough to allow room for the exhaust nuts to mount to the exhaust header studs. I tried with and w/out new exhaust gaskets and something was not right. I checked fiche and found that the 95 and earlier ZX7 used 8x30 studs and the 96-03 uses 8x18 studs. Has anyone here experienced the same? I'm getting some 8x30 studs and will see if that sorts it out. PWC aftermarket studs come in stainless and I will save some $$$ if I get them instead, they have allen sockets on the outter ends which will make installing them a breeze. Does anyone know if I use the 8x30 studs will the radiator have enough clearance to the header? I have spend hours restoring the pipe and making the can look like a mirror and have stubbed the can as well. I will put a call into Muzzy and try to get some clarification on this as well. I would hate to have done all this work and have the pipe not fit. If for some reason it does not fit, I have one sweet ZX7 Muzzy full system for sale or trade for a ZX7-R system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spoke to Muzzy re above

Called Muzzy and they said the can is interchangeable but the header and mid-pipe are not. Muzzy designs race and street systems and they dyno tune to make sure they perform best for various applications. I want the best performance across all rev ranges, so I will probably sell the muzzy header and mid-pipe and get the right one unless someone here wants to trade a 96-03 header and mid pipe for mine? The 91-95 do not have balance tubes in the header, so I'm now wondering about the 96-03 ones, please let me know if the later header has the balance tubes. Thanks for the feedback in advance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts