Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I started taking my bike apart today to see what I need or should replace and am kind of confused at this point. As I'm looking for parts, I see that some are for ZX7,ZX7R, H and F models and Ninja 750's. Some parts actually say they fit all! This might seem like an obvious question to some but, how exactly can you tell one, which model you actually have, and two, which parts are compatible with one another? Any help would be great! I don't want to buy a lot of parts and then find out they won't fit! Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
A 1990 is a ZX7 (H2), known everywhere but North America as a "ZXR750". There was no R model in 90. Some parts are shared with the 89 model, but there are enough differences that you'll want to consult a microfiche to be sure (RonAyers.com, BikeBandit.com, etc.)

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Easiest way to tel if its an H model or an F model is to look at the frame. The F model is steel and the H model is aluminum tube. Now between the H1 and H2 all parts but a few engine parts will fit. There are some differences in appearance but they all will physically interchange.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts