Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. Looking for some help to get my headlights working right. It's a 01 zx7 I'm trying to get the headlights to work the way there suppose to be the previous owner installed hids on the bike but ran them to only the low beam switch for both lights and the high beams there off. The problem I'm having is that I got them to work with only one light at a time not both on hi beams I have 3 wires and that's it two hot wires one for high and one for low and one ground if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong it would be great thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
even if you rig it up to run both of them on high and only one on low, they are still just both low beams. Using both of them makes no difference because they are both aimed as lows. The only thing you are doing is trying to turn one of them off.

Just put it back how it was, you need a special HID setup in order to have high and low that has a solenoid on the bulb that physically moves the bulb within the housing.

Just because the switch is on high doesnt mean its a high beam. Whether you hook them both up to low or both to high (on the switch) they will still only be low beams.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I'm trying to do is be able to shut one off but when I hooked them up they were flickering

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I repeat... it doesnt make a difference. Its still only going to be two low beams.

You cant just hook them up so that one come on with low, and both come on with high. You will need to install relays and crap to do that, because the bike turns low off, and high on when you switch to high beams. This would turn your "low" one off, then your "high" one on. If you try and hook one of them up to both low and high, then the other to high so you get power to one with both side of the switch and power to the other only on high (powering both on high but one on low) you run the risk of shorting things out.

Just leave it how it was, you arent getting any benefit by trying to use only one for a low beam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts