Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 zx7 frame but no engine, wondering if a 92 zx7 engine would bolt right in as I have access to 1. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Nope.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Other ones would work, but they won't just bolt right in. Never mind the fact that everything else is different, like the wiring harness, ecu... all that.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Simplest way would be to just go buy another bike, but yeah, other than that stick with the right motor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Simplest way would be to just go buy another bike, but yeah, other than that stick with the right motor.
Hope you are still around, this is an old post, but would a ZX10 motor fit into a ZX7 H2 frame, and if possible what newest year am I be able to fit. I know there would be a gas tank issue that has to be modified.

·
6,637 Posts
There's way more issues than the tank. That's a cradle frame. I hope you have a Sawzall and are really good at fabricating

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
If you can pick up a ZX10 frame, you’ll be set. This is going to be very time consuming, money consuming and in the end, not sure what you will have? Might twist the frame like a pretzel? May have to cut, grind and weld frame? Not something I would consider let alone try. JMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts