Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so im in the process of putting it all back together, i put what i think were the correct plugs into the coils and all that (this shouldnt matter should it?) and im also trying to start it, but everytime i do it just turns over but doesnt start, but when i stood it up straight it popped and smoked for a second then back fired once....do the plug wires have to go into the coils a certain way? like 1 and 2 together and 3 and 4 together or 1 and 3 together and 2 and 4 together? and what about the lil plugs that go into the top of each coil? yes i know ur supposed to fill it up but i didnt i, did still use stabil though

let me add that the popping is like a pop with a ppppssshhht like air escaping really fast then smoke and i smell gas or something

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
ok so im in the process of putting it all back together, i put what i think were the correct plugs into the coils and all that (this shouldnt matter should it?) and im also trying to start it, but everytime i do it just turns over but doesnt start, but when i stood it up straight it popped and smoked for a second then back fired once....do the plug wires have to go into the coils a certain way? like 1 and 2 together and 3 and 4 together or 1 and 3 together and 2 and 4 together? and what about the lil plugs that go into the top of each coil? yes i know ur supposed to fill it up but i didnt i, did still use stabil though

let me add that the popping is like a pop with a ppppssshhht like air escaping really fast then smoke and i smell gas or something
The wires for the #1 and #4 cylinders come off the same coil. #2 and #3 come off the same coil. You also need the coils plugged into the correct feed wires. Otherwise you'll have what you're experiencing.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
What year is your ZX7 and do you have the shop manual or the wiring diagram for it?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
its a 94, yeah i remembered the the 1 and 4 thing and 2 and 3 thing but yeah ill have to work on actual wire to back of coil thing cause i have like seafoam colored wire and black wire, no read adn black or whatever....no manual

wait just realized i do its just for a zx7r.....should still be the same though right?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Lol of course they have to be in a certain way, firing order is kind of important.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i found it...its black wire to 1 adn 4 coil green wire to 2 and 3 coil then each red to each coil, started right up....smokin like a mfo though hahahahahaha

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
yeah i found it...its black wire to 1 adn 4 coil green wire to 2 and 3 coil then each red to each coil, started right up....smokin like a mfo though hahahahahaha
Mine smoked like a bastard for a little while too. Might be a carb setting or maybe just blowing the crap out of it from sitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts