1681 - 1700 of 1720 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,685
https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mpo/d/lincoln-park-900-kawasaki-ninja-motor/6870705700.html

Holy shit a 9R motor in an H2 frame?????? How the hell is that possible? What's with the shock near the sprocket?
WTF? I am pretty certain, without having tried, that there is no way that can fit. Carbs are horizontal??
The “shock” you’re asking about is actually an air shifter actuating cylinder. It’s mounted in a way that it will upshift a gear every time it’s actuated.

The engine is leaned way forward so that it stays out of the frame rails. Just the back corners of the head are tucked in and that might have required frame notching or clearancing to accomplish. The exhaust pipe would also need to be bent to allow it to run under the frame. Otherwise it would be coming up at a weird angle. And notice the added bracket to help anchor the engine in the frame.

I suspect it was built as some sort of sleeper dragbike. Will fill stock bodywork it would be near impossible for someone who doesn’t know these bikes to have any idea what is in there. This is why you learn to recognize clutch covers. That’s about the only part that would be visible with all the bodywork installed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Muzzy cams and gears?
What wheels? PM?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/420227608723845/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yup PM's fer shur. "Blades" or "Cyclone" or some such shite, but definitely PM's. Worth it at the asking price themselves. If the cams and big bore are what he says they are then this is a total score.

Garrett, you could, driving like a total asshat- which I wholeheartedly recommend for this particular mission- could make Maine in say, 2 hours, 3 tops... Take a hacksaw, do the deed, throw both halves into your 996 trunk (hood? front boot? bonnet? IDFK!) and be home before the chick notices you were ever gone.

Go ahead and blow out the carbon dude.

Send pics and a full report.

·
Registered
100 Posts
1681 - 1700 of 1720 Posts