Wouldn't mind the 95 either

·
Premium Member
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
It is. And he clearly doesn't realize it.
I would sell my L for it. But then I'd have to part out a custom sbm engine and that would defeat the purpose of having a sleeper. Plus I already have aftermarket fcrs. Only thing I'm missing is the M frame and close ratio trans.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What are you guys looking at that tells you its a N model? I see a subframe with footpegs and a rear seat....what am I missing?

·
Premium Member
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are you guys looking at that tells you its a N model? I see a subframe with footpegs and a rear seat....what am I missing?
Look at the swing arm pivot. Only M's and N's had that adjustment block. I have some fairly detailed pictures of my 93 M in one of the threads in my sig. Look through them if you want.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Look at the swing arm pivot. Only M's and N's had that adjustment block. I have some fairly detailed pictures of my 93 M in one of the threads in my sig. Look through them if you want.
Thanks for the info.
I live almost in walking distance. I'm going to call them tomorrow and take a look. What should i be looking for to make sure it's a N model = ZX7RR ?
I wouldn't recognize the swing arm pivot if you didn't mention it, anything else i should ask or look for to confirm?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

·
RRRRRR
3,589 Posts
Does it still have RR (N) model more adjustable forks and shock?
Does it still have the RR cdi (three outlet), P model had two.
Does it still have std 41mm flatslides (with two accelerator pumps) or aftermarket flatslides, or CVDK?
Original motor? With RR crank that has removable gear on end? Easy way to tell.... Pull ignition cover, remove ignition rotor, look at timing gear on end of crank... Is it removable and held in place by splines(RR crank) or one piece with crank (std P crank)? Also likely to still have close ratio Gearbox if it has RR crank and original motor.
RR swingarm? Look for two pairs of holes on either side under adjustment blocks for mounting lift hooks...
I could go on.....

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 1717 Posts