Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my friend blew a rod on his 01 zx7r mint bike except for the motor.i can pick it up real cheap . my cousin has a 99 zx9r motor from a bike he wrecked. i know you can put a 95 96 zx9 motor in a 7 frame can the 99 motor be put in using one of the motor mount kits companys have for sale or it is different thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
you should definately do that, and hit me up with that frame info so i can get my beast started and get you some money to get that project goin... i've always wanted to do the 7/9 swap, but first things first with getting my bike back together...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
checked the motor mounts on the engine not the same as the frame the bottom mounts are the same the top way off gonna have to find a 96 zx9 motor but i bought the bike so im gonna do the swap

·
Registered
118 Posts
do you happen to know if the 98 motor will work? i found a 98 zx9r motor , and i own a 95 zx7. I want to do this swap really bad! lol any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
328 Posts
When I Sell My Truck Come Spring I Will Be Doing This Mod! Tired Of Hearing One Of My Buddies Brag About How Badass His 06 Gixxer 1k Is!! Would Love To Feed Him His Lunch On A 7 Frame And A 9 Engine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The 98 is the same as 99 zx9. This is very doable. What you would have to do is move the motor mounts down farther on the frame. The mounts on the zx7 are in front of the cylinder jugs and behind the jugs on the zx9. The 94-97 is more of a drop in. The motor mounts are in front of the jugs but they are of by a few mm. The only problem with the is they are becoming harder to find. I think that once someone dose a newer 9 conversion it will become as popular as the older 9. The newer 9 has more power potential and a larger supporting market.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They did not FI the 9. If i remember right the first FI bike was the 6 and 10. I have put the FI throttle bodies from a 03 6 on my 92 7.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am using Miccrosquirt. It is all installed i just have a few more things to fad and weld up. I am also having communication problems with it. For some reason my laptop will not connect with the ecu. It has dto do with the usb cable i just have to figure it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If i remember, they came from a 99 zx7. I also have 99 forks and brake wave rotors. A lot of tokico calipers are the same. You can get them from a bandit, gsxr, tl1000, zx9, zx7 and a few others. Here is a good site for using the on the older zx7 forks http://homepage.ntlworld.com/webzxr/zxr750r/ .
That's exactly some of the stuff I was looking for, too! Excellent...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts