Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I don’t have a lot of knowledge when it comes to ZX6R’s and even less when it comes to the 6RR. I own a few ZXR 750’s including a 93 homologation model (M1). There’s a 2004 ZX6RR for sale that I’m interested in, mainly because i believe it’s the homologation model. My question is.... what are the differences between the 6R and the 6RR in that model? If I’m correct, the RR had a 599cc engine, slipper clutch, close ratio gearbox. What other differences are there? Anything in particular that I should look out for? I’m in Australia.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
There will be a boss cast into the left side of the frame by the gas tank for a steering damper
That’s the tell tale sign it’s a real RR
It also has adjustable swingarm pivot and I believe 04 uses 8 fuel injectors
I have an 03 that I use a track bike
Sweet little bike
Mine made 112 horses at the wheel on pump gas
The front brakes are garbage but they are gorgeous bikes

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm needing to know which wire is the positive wire on the pickup coil that's coming out of the timing cover on a zx6rr 2003

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here’s my baby 05 Zx6rr about to get a new water pump and get this thing on the road! View attachment 17320
I have a 04 zx6rr which I'm trying to get the plugs to fire. I'm thinking it's the sensor that's located on the back of the heads next to the headers, mine is not hooked up. Would that have anything to do with the firing to start the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts