Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright all, I was just wondering what parts are swappable between all the zx6r years. What i'm mainly interested in, is if any of the fairings are swappable between my 98' zx6r and the newer models. Ex: plug and play, or minor modifications needed.
I like the newer zx-6r dual headlights and front fairing better than my 98' single headlight zx6r style. Could I do a swap with a newer dual headlight/fairing year? If so what year would be the best decision/easiest to swap?

One more question: I saw a gas tank on ebay for sale that claimed it fit zx6r years 98-02, is the zx6r tank really the same from 98' all the way to 02'?
Thanks!:smile
-Noah

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont know what will interchange, but the dual headlight style will work if you have the time and skill to either swap fairing stays(not sure if they'll swap or not) or fab up your own.

I've seen people do the same thing on Honda CBR600 F2's, putting F4i fairings on them. it usually requires a little modification to make it all work, but you can make it fit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i was wondering about that too, but with 98-02 on my 95-anyone have info?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i did one

well i did a a 93 zx6 and changed it out to a 05 cbr front end changed it to a dual head light if u want pics let me know a before and after it just taked time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts