Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up an 01 zx6r for $650 delivered. Frame is cracked but ill be having it welded and checked. No plastics besides some scraps of the stock ones that hadnt been broken off. Acerbis looking street fighter headlight, seats have holes, tires are shot, left rear set is a 1/4in piece of metal fabbed by a blind guy apparently. Brake pedal is broken, tank is shit but holds gas. Biike has a little over 18k on it 2 owners before me, second one never rode it. Bike run good and engine sounds tight. Ill be returning it to stock hopefully, but will probably ride it as a SF until I find all the plastics. Also got the ram air system, head light, and gauge stay with bike.

Currently have a new tail fairing, integrated tail light, and tank on the way. Trying to find decently priced rear sets. The right one is not stock but seems to work.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Damn the size of that can.lol
Shes in rough shape for sure.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the can is quite large but the exhaust piping is great. Not sure if it has a jet kit or not ill have to look into it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well gave in an ordered a $70 bracket and a shifter lever, as well as some battle ax tires. Ill get some pics up soon when the tail fairing/light and tank get in.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ive decided on black and orange for the bike. Orange tail black frame, black upper and lowers. got the tail in chevy orange right now. Its bright. May add some black design to it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I noticed how large the can was too, what kind is it? The bike will be great when you are done, I have had to do a bunch to mine too. They had a jet kit on mine, but it was totally off and way too lean. How is the frame so polished? I have seen others like this. Is there two different colors of frames for these years? Or did some get chrome?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am not sure on the can. Ill have to look closer and see if theres a brand name on it. Not sure for frames but I think they probably came polished or it was polished by the PO

·
Registered
89 Posts
i am not sure on the can. Ill have to look closer and see if theres a brand name on it. Not sure for frames but I think they probably came polished or it was polished by the PO
PO polished it, you can see the original matte finish up closer to the steering head. same deal as my bike, PO polished the frame but only what the buffer could reach without taking stuff apart.

I hate polished frames, so I painted mine with VHT roll bar and chassis paint

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan on painting mine. I think ill be changing the paint scheme to orange with a black frame though. If its too "loud" I can always change it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for no updated pics. Winter here, snows been coming and going and right now its decided to stay. I ll have the tank painted today or tomorrow and will get some pics up. rear set, shifter, and brake pedal are here as well as the battle ax tires. Fairing from mapolley07 will be here soon too hopefully!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
been a while since ive update. Got the plastics and tank on and took it for the first drive around the block today. Syncd the carbs but still need to get new light bulbs and hook up the tail light. then I should be good to go!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im back! Things got busy and I moved to Wisconsin for a job. Here are some recent photos of the bike. Excuse the quality, taken on my crappy cell. But I there will be some updates hopefully in the next week or so. Got an 07/08 zx6r swing arm and wheel on its way and hopefully front end will follow in the next month! Upper fairing/headlight is for sale as well- decided to make it into a street fighter for now.

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/ae52/borjawil/zx6r/?action=view&current=zx6r2.jpg
http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/...2/borjawil/zx6r/?action=view&current=zx6r.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
How much for the upper and lowers (since you're gonna fighter her u won't need those)?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lookin good man. Are you sure that's the same bike? :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts