Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have the same anoying ticking sound , what could it be? does enyone hawe the same problem? how to solve this? please help :(

·
27,825 Posts
Sounds like a valve train problem to me. It sounds like there is too much valve lash, and needs adjustment. How many miles are on your bike?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
23000 miles i just baught a bike from england so i dont know enything about it. Some they that it could be CCT cam chain tensioner problem, or its valve problem, maybe both :( maibe someone had the same sound and solved the problem?

·
Registered
847 Posts
cam chain or valves. Sounds like ind of a constant buzzing sound to me. In any case take the head cover off and follow the procedures for checking valve clearances. My guess is the cam chain tensioner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a slight ticking noise like that after i had rebuilt my engine, which included adjusting the valve clearance. turned out what it was is that i had over tightened the exhaust header mounting rings at the head which caused them to bow making one of the exhaust gaskets not seal properly. I have silenced it with exhaust putty until i get the header mounting rings (can't think of the correct terminology for them right now) repaired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts