Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to everyone if your from the uk ! lets get together for a ride or few beers post on here to make new friends ....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi spookey,

I'm up in the midlands but don't get much in the way of spare time for ride outs so mainly use the bike for commuting. Let me know if you're up this way though and I'll do likewise if I'm heading near Surrey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi mate, me and a mate of mine bought 2 zx6r's last month. he got the orange one and i kept it traditional (green) we're always out n about, we're up n newcastle. unfortunatley mines off the road as i had a head on with a car. should have it sorted soon. Anyways keep in touch mate. ****

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi guys

nice to see you guys on here lets all keep in touch if you know any brits with zx bikes get em on here not many of us on here got any mods yet i made a rear end elimenator out of two L shaped brackets and a company is making a tail light with built in indicators so no more sticky out lights should get it in few weeks ordered a bright orange screen from america to and theres a akrapovic exhaust i want from america 277 pounds better than 500 over here ..any you guys got msn ...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey.. how you doing? Getting my bike delivered on Tuesday! Can't wait for it.. and weather looking alright too for a good day out on the lovely Welsh roads ;)

Noticed you've got an orange bike too.. You manage to find any riding gear that goes with the bike? I can't find anything decent!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey.. how you doing? Getting my bike delivered on Tuesday! Can't wait for it.. and weather looking alright too for a good day out on the lovely Welsh roads ;)

Noticed you've got an orange bike too.. You manage to find any riding gear that goes with the bike? I can't find anything decent!
Let's hope the weather is better for you than it was for me then! I had a 140 mile round trip to collect mine and was soaked to the skin within 10 miles of the trip there on my old bike:rolleyes

I saw a BMW rider yesterday that had black/orange leathers and a black helmet with thick orange stripe over the top. Mine are red/black and he was on a red bike. If he'd been going the same way as me I would have pulled him over and suggested we exchanged kit:crackup

A few years ago there used to be quite a few black/orange bits of riding kit around but they've all disappeared. Hopefully someone will notice the trend amongst UK owners to buy the orange version.

got any mods yet i made a rear end elimenator out of two L shaped brackets and a company is making a tail light with built in indicators so no more sticky out lights should get it in few weeks ordered a bright orange screen from america to and theres a akrapovic exhaust i want from america 277 pounds better than 500 over here
Mine's standard for now but fitting a different sidestand shortly (before the inevitable happens) and also plan to fit a dark tint double bubble and hugger (someone, I think Ermax, does an orange one) before too long. Other changes will wait till next year but likely exhaust (Scorpian favourite at mo), PCIII and a few other cosmetic bits.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys Im Getting Half Blck And Half Orange Sheild From America In A Week And I Got Contact N America That Does Akrapovic Exhaust Slip On For 277 Deliverd Her There Nearly 500

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thomas Black Mate Stay Black Dont Do The Power Ranger Thing Like Most Do I Didnt Go For Orange Leatheres As That Would Look Shit I Got Black Trousers With Titanium Knee Sliders All Black Helmet Visor And Boots Are Black With Slight Red In Em And Jacket Is Black With Light Red Colour Going Through And Gloves Black And Silver Nuckles See Some Sights On Bikes Man Don It Mysef Power Ranger Style Not Anymore To Expensive Changing Leatheres

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey.. yeah i've decided to stay neutal :) I'm going for Black/Silver/White helmet with more or less the same colour leathers, boots and gloves.. so if i do change bike i should be ok to jump on it straight away :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm just sticking with the red and black I've already got. I don't have to look at it when I'm on the bike anyway :thefinger

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im in the midlands! tmonkey whereabouts are you?

Mine is black with all black gear too! i like black. so there!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Im in the midlands! tmonkey whereabouts are you?

Mine is black with all black gear too! i like black. so there!
I'm in Warwickshire. You'll know if you see me, orange bike, red and black gear and chicken strips wider than the Atlantic :rotflmao

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello To All Uk O7 Zx6r Owners

Hi to all the uk 07 ZX6R owners,

Just finished running in my baby, and yes i have the ticking noise(not too bad yet but i'm keeping my eye or ear on it!). Its totally standard at the moment!

Anybody bought new exhaust yet? Worth the money?

And yes its fallen over (twice) i got crash bungs put on and it turned out to be the best idea i've ever had as i've got away with one small scratch.

How can they engineer an amazing bike but cant design a sidestand?

Even after all that though i love my baby. i've ridden an R6 and there is no comparison. I just crap my pants when i have to leave it on uneven ground.

All the best

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi guys, Im in North Wales, so not really near any of you lot, but got some of the best roads around here, so always worth a run out to here.

Ive done a couple of things to the bike, strips on the wheels, Akrapovic end can, and looking at a BMC filter at the moment, dont know about all the Power Commander stuff at the moment. Need to sort the screwed bolt heads on the frame so that I can fit my Shogun crash protectors. Ive listening out for the ticking also, its there, but doesnt really sound like anythings wrong at the moment to be honest.

Ben

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi ya everyone. im down in kent if anyone is close and the weather patches up i think a meet is in order.
just a quick one though do your bikes have the stupid exhaust valve fitted?

cheers
Ben

1 - 20 of 63 Posts