Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am about to remove my exhaust servo motor, with this method as my motor is knackered:

The question I have is this: Once I remove the control cables on the servo, which position shall I leave it in? Which position is wide open and has no airflow resistance inside the exhaust?

The servo is spring loaded, so should I leave it permanently in its resting position or in the position with the spring stretched (and wanting to return back)?

Thanks, Jim :smile

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can't say for sure on your model but I do believe that the resting position is the closed position. One one to check is to simply actuate the valve by hand while the motor is running. If the valve is open it will be louder and the exhaust will "puff" out of the exhaust more(put your hand on the exhaust). If it is closed it will be quieter and the exhaust will be more baffled.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, all figured out, thanks Narcopolypse. When you remove the exhaust servo cables the valve rests in the position shown below. This is the wide open position. You can move the valve by hand and hear the exhaust note get louder/quieter. Thanks.

Also, here is my servo eliminator just about to go in. I have wrapped it in self amalgamating rubber tape, so it is 100% waterproof. This mod works 100% spot on with my 2006 ZX-6R (636).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Glad you got it worked out. Good job on the eliminator.:smile

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Nice, i spent the couple bucks and ordered one. Are you getting an aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, I am just keeping the standard exhaust. I have noticed that the standard exhaust sounds better/louder with the exhaust valve removed...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nah, I am just keeping the standard exhaust. I have noticed that the standard exhaust sounds better/louder with the exhaust valve removed...
Hello underzone,

I realize this is an old post from a couple years ago, but I was hoping you could help me with my issue. I have a 2005 ZX6R with stock exhaust. My servo motor is clicking like crazy. I'm pretty sure the plastic gears inside are wrecked and it was probably caused by my valve and cables seizing up. I want to just remove the servo motor and cables and place a Servo Buddy in their place and leave the stock exhaust on with the valve left wide open. Is this similar to what you did and if so did you run into any issues from doing this or notice any odd behaviour from your bike? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts