Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2005 zx6r as my first bike today. It was a 1.5 hour ride back home it was working perfect until the 40 minute mark when the bike started to turn off randomly and it would start but then turn off again after couple miles. As I got closer to my destination it just totally gave out and had to get it towed home :/ any solutions to what could be the problem ? Also I filled up the tank before leaving too but that shouldn’t be an issue. HELP!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Have you checked your battery voltage.
40 minutes is about all the time you might get if your charging Rectifier/Stator is malfunctioning.
Jump the bike off a car that is not running and see if it fires up. Jumper cables to car battery while car is not running)
Then ride it back and knuckle up with the seller.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It wont start totally cold? It still cranks fine after it shuts off? If it still cranks fine the battery and/or magneto is probably not the issue. In addition to what was said above this bike is known for the ECU overheating, when this happens the bike will just shut off and wont turn on again until it cools, Many people relocate the ECU under the seat above the battery so it is away from exhaust heat, I have a bunch of heat shielding in my tail and never had an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.