Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just reading the 2007 6R's Owner's Manual and i noticed that on the side and back, in black letters..it says ZX600P.

is this an grammatical error or is the chasis code or some sort for the bike? such as FD3S or C5 C6 for RX-7s and Vettes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
zx600p is the actuall model number of the bike. a cali bike has another letter at the end, but off the top of my head i can't remember what it is. it's like zx600pf or something

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah, all the manuals probably say zx600p, however, if you bought your bike in cali and it is infact a cali emissions bike, then there is an extra letter at the end of your actuall bike model. check on your papers you got when you signed the deal for your bike. should tell you on there the real model number

·
Registered
234 Posts
Actually according to Kawasaki the full official part number of the 2007 ZX6R is ZX600P7F, or if you have a CA emissions model, ZX600P7FL.

The 06 6R was the ZX636C6F/FL or ZX636D6F/FL (not sure the reason for the C and D variants but that's what's in the parts diagrams) and the 06 6RR was the ZX600N6F/FL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts