Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've just swapped my 748 Ducati for a zx6 & looking for a bit more power from the bike.
I assume everything is standard on the bike apart from a scorpion exhaust.
I was told this had just been serviced but I'm gonna do it again anyway, bike gets to 110 mph fine but struggles after that.
What mods would be a good cheap starting point for me?
Also which pads would be a good upgrade compared to the oem ones fitted?
Looking forward to help & advice

·
Registered
66 Posts
welcome to you!
I mostly read around here, but I can tell you this, I have a 2000 zx6r j1, and if your bike struggles around 110 mph, its' not running real good.
My bike is pretty much stock with a yosh pipe, and although I wouldn't bet much on the accuracy of my speedo, with stock sprokx it reads 130 and still has more....
I do think my TMNT brake fluid container wraps probably add about 10 mph tho...:rolleyes

ace57

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think its right but dont know where to start I think oil & filter change will be first point of call then plug change might even consider a dynojet kit and see what improvements I get from that

·
Registered
66 Posts
yep, i agree, give her a tune up, clean the carbs, plugs, a.f., see what that does. assume stock sprockets on her?
wish you luck, I just love the j1's my bike is just great with handling and all.
Love the ergos on her as well, 'course i'm not 25 years old either:smile

cheers mate

ace57

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yours deffo aint running rite mine hits 130 with ease and plenty more to give. Id deffo say needs a carb clean //jets probaly blocked, pluss make sure your running the rite plugs with correct gap on them. Good luck mate.. Ps: anyone know where to get an undertail for the J1 in the UK.
(ive seen them on ebay usa but id be stung for import duties)

·
Registered
66 Posts
yes saffa i do...............pyramid plastics they're in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.
Imagine me, a yank, giving you the lead on a brit product. lovit:clap

you can ring them up @ +44 (0) 1427 810473

its where i got my hugger and rear cowl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts