Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all been on forum a bunch but never registered till now so finally made it!!
So now I have a 2001 zx6-E completely stock except for lowering kit and Vance and Hines slip on exhaust, the bike runs great with 10k on the odo and very strong but not very loud, so yesterday I started fooling with exhaust and took the Vance and Hines baffle our with the insulation and put the end cap back on. On the ride home I noticed not that much difference in sound but jus a lil louder not much when I get home I removed gas tank and air box to drain the bowls and clean air filter because been getting some bogging due to running it it out of fuel and I guess picking up some shit from bottom of tank. So I finish and put back together and fire up the bike and immediately I noticed the response on exeleration that I had lost power and of course no more bogging, so I proceed to take for a spin and sure enough no power no exeleration what so ever I’m pretty sure this has to do with the baffle removal but reinstalled baffle and still same result. Sorry for being long winded but wanted to be detailed!! Any ideas or comments are appreciated thanks rob

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Did you reinstall the fuel line correctly, check it has no kinks ... check the air box for fitment and leaks and if you touched the fuel bowls ensure they are all sitting properly.

Are you running rich ???

I'd highly doubt the packing in the slip-on will cause much of a back pressure issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts