Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
Depends on the type of race.

· Premium Member
13,442 Posts
I think a drag race or top speed contest would go to the 14. Add some tight corners and the Bimmer would likely run away, although any long straights could erase a lot of distance advantage in a hurry. Like most short wheelbase literbikes, it would be difficult to utilize all the Bimmer's hp from a dead start without lofting the front wheel or flipping it completely. All this hypothetical bench racing is assuming equal rider skills on both bikes, which is rarely the case.

16,009 Posts
I don't get it.
What would it prove, if one beat the other? :headscratch
They're completely different bikes, from comepletely different classes, designed for completely different types of racing.
You would only really know which bike is truly "better/faster", if they were raced by equally skilled pros.
BUTT, pros don't race eachother on completely different class bikes.
Kinda defeats the point of finding out who's the best rider.
sooooo :dunno

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
Most chowderheads don't think beyond HP and displacement numbers.

· Registered
887 Posts
S1000rr is superior than zx14

Very similar 0-60
Both 1/4 mile at 9.1-9.5

Zx14 is electronically limited to 186
S1000rr is 197

S1000rr can out turn a zx14

Electonics..bimmers got it
taction control and wheelie control!

But, in touring zx14 wins

16,009 Posts
I'm sure the BMW is "superior" to a dirtbike too.

unless you're riding it in dirt.

Still not sure why we're comparing the two.
Compare the BMW to other liter bikes.

· Premium Member
13,442 Posts
S1000rr is superior than zx14

Very similar 0-60
Both 1/4 mile at 9.1-9.5

Zx14 is electronically limited to 186
S1000rr is 197

S1000rr can out turn a zx14

Electonics..bimmers got it
taction control and wheelie control!

But, in touring zx14 wins
Haven't heard of anything that went faster in stock trim than the original Hayabusa that did 194. Where'd you see that? This is from the Bimmers dedicated website according to MCN:
http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s...formance-figures-bmw-v-busa-v-zzr-v-rsvr.html
I doubt if the new 14R was included.

· Registered
62 Posts
Actually this is more accurate:
In 2000, fears of a European regulatory backlash or import ban led to an informal agreement between the Japanese and European manufacturers to govern the top speed of their motorcycles at an arbitrary limit.
If they didn't do this the ZX12 would have beaten the busa. The agreement came along when it was let out that Kawi was making the 12 and that it was capable of breaking the 200mph barrier. Of course when it was released we got the de-tuned version then 2001 it had the limiter. Damn greenies.

· Registered
1,126 Posts
I remember that.Rickey G was pissed when he tested it.Kawasaki said they didn't build it to be slower then the suzuki.Then them jerks in Europe,meaning Germany got involved.They didn't want 200 MPH bikes dumped on their precious Autobaughn.So everyone got screwed.

· Premium Member
13,442 Posts
Where in Pennsylvania is there room to do 200 mph on a public road? I have only seen a couple of places where I would ever consider doing such a deed and they were out west in the middle of the desert-no side roads, no traffic, NO RADAR COPS and unlimited line-of-sight.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.