Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

ZX14R 12VDC Power outlets

7K views 42 replies 10 participants last post by  Malie1986 
#1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
In 2019 I had a couple dozen brackets made for the ZX14R/Z1400 and offered them up for free. They were gone in less than a week. I decided to do it again this year, because I purchased my 7th ZX14R and needed to wire it up. So far I have had only 4 fellow riders ask for a set. Plus a set for me and a friend. I believe I have about 15 sets remaining. They do require longer bolts; they bolt to the bottom of the bars. I think they look factory. They are powder coated semi-gloss black.

PM me (I am not sure how that is done on this site) or drop me an email or text. You are welcome to call, however I don't answer unknown numbers, due to millions of spam and robo calls, so leave a message. Or text me and arrange a call. My email is izzdoug @ icloud . com. My cell is 3 6 0 9 1 4 2 1 5 5. I live in the GNW, Whidbey Island. Pacific Time.

Again they are free. I was going to make people pay for shipping. But that is a hassle. There are no strings attached. This is not a scam. You can google zx14r 12vdc outlets and you will see some of the folks that received them. It is just my way of putting positive energy out there in this time of stress and arguing.

I also make a nice harness that is keyed. It has three circuits, two keyed one hot. I keep the USB hot. They keyed is the 12vdc socket and a hardwired radar detector. I am not offering the harness for free or money. I will offer advice and part numbers.
I use marine grade sockets. Most of the time they are Blue Sea. spendy, but great equipment.

See less See more
#4 ·
Amazon is where I go. The socket come off the mounting flang.
here is one
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Sys...+USB+Charger&qid=1606579386&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

however, I have been looking at others. Plenty of good quality waterproof sockets. Even quick charge high output 4.5 amps.

I ordered some more stuff for wiring it up. Just playing around, finding the set up I like. I may have a couple of extra harnesses leftover when I am done. They all work fine, I am just playing with the way the wires route and lay in there. If you like I can send you one for Christmas. That is when I will be done, lol. I image I will be finished my next week end. Just text me you address and I will stick one in the mail. Do you want 2 or 3 circuits. Or if you like, you can build your own, if you need more circuits. I had planned on building a 6 circuit system that set under the seat, but I did not like running all those wires under the tank. Most things I plan on connecting, is on the bars. So I like behind the instrument.

when I have what I want, I can send you pictures of the extra sets and you can decide if you would like one.
larry

#10 ·
Big shout out to Malie1986. Just installed his brackets along with a USB and 12v PowerPoint sockets and now have power. Works great! Using a gifted home-made harness that plugs into the battery tender harness to power the outlets.

You guys should reach out to him quick. He has a few pairs of brackets left!

#14 ·
Happy Spring, for some anyway! I am back after a short vacation from 14’s. Could not find anything I like better. So I got a KLR and 14.

I need a set of brackets. So I am considering having a bunch more made. The question is; is there an interest from enough inmates.

How many of you would be interested?

#32 · (Edited)
Howdy folks
I hate being a civilian and not have access to micro-station.
Let describe the process I used.

I hand made a template and scanned and put the file in microstation over a decade ago.

the last one I went back to the basic and Hand made a template.

I used a cereal box to make a template.
I then transferred the template to this aluminum stock I purchased at ACE Hardware. The width is perfect.
Wood Natural material Rectangle Material property Publication

I used my digital micrometer to determine the radius of the fork tube. Once I got a basic rectangle with the cutout for the forks, I laced it in place and marked for the bolt holes. The rest is not so critical. The notch allows for them to tuck in nicely!

Rectangle Handwriting Font Parallel Pattern

I hope this helps.
I would be willing to use mine to trace around to send the actual cardboard template, via snail mail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.