Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I know quite a few who do, but it sounds like a lot of people are waiting just to get their 14 from the dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got my blue ZX14 about 2 weeks ago, 1600 miles and loving it! Can't wait to get the PC and Akro pipe...hope it helps the bottom end some as under 5500 RPM is sadly lacking. My FJR has a lot more grunt under 5500 RPM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
IIRC the bike is tuned to run with less power below 5k to give it a reasonable touring setup if you just want to cruise around on it. Pretty sure I remember reading that somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got mine in June... The Black One!

Mean looking bike... I just do not understand why all the 17 magazine articles keep saying that there is no low end power!

I've had the Hayabusa, GXR1000 & 750... this ZX14 has much more power and speed at the lower end.

I have always been a Suzuki Freak and since I have gotten my ZX14... I'm a changed man!

I do not see how anyone but a professional could handle anymore power and velocity. Sure - there are your crazo's... but seriously... anymore power from redlight to red light would be crazy!

I have a new Logo designed for the ZX14 "BIG DAWG" for embroidering on the back of my ICON Leather Jacket and to have Air Brushed on the sides of a solid black helmet. I'll post it later... It's fitting of the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BlueFlame said:
How many actually own a ZX1400 or ZZR1400 on this site?
Nice shiny red one here, nearly 1,000 miles in the first week!

·
Registered
990 Posts
jones2119es2119 said:
Mean looking bike... I just do not understand why all the 17 magazine articles keep saying that there is no low end power!

I've had the Hayabusa, GXR1000 & 750... this ZX14 has much more power and speed at the lower end.
The mags have to find some fault I guess & it seems that this is about the only one they can find :squint

Kawasaki have deliberately set things up so that the power is reduced below 5k in lower gears. Info to get around it here: http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093

·
Registered
37 Posts
put the first 200 miles on my black 07 the other day

1 - 20 of 20 Posts