Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, first post here...

Hopefully I will be getting a new bike around the middle of 07.. I'm currently debating between the zx14, z1k and fz1... the missus leans more towards the 14, as it's more comfy...

Anyway, I like white bikes with lots of carbon goodies (and none of that chrome crud)... but I am not too fond of the other details on the white 14...

In the event that the 14 is what I'm going to get, I'm going to try and negotiate with the dealer a little.. I know they have a black and a blue sitting in the dealership now, which haven't moved in at least 1/2 a year... so I hope to get them to swap the red wheels and fairing-thingies with black ones..

Anyway, my main Q is:: are the flames easily removed? are they just simple decals?

If not, and I can't get the black bits.. then it will be time to decide between blue and black.. I know black is sexier, but it's a PITA to keep clean...

** Prepares for flaming for liking the white **

·
Registered
266 Posts
Anyway, my main Q is:: are the flames easily removed? are they just simple decals?

If not, and I can't get the black bits.. then it will be time to decide between blue and black.. I know black is sexier, but it's a PITA to keep clean...

** Prepares for flaming for liking the white **
My buddy has the special edition ZX-10R (black with flames) and I can tell you that the flames are certainly decals and not paint. Now, how easy to get off I don't know because my buddy likes his and isn't pulling them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have both the fz1 and zx14. Both are awsome bikes. I like the 14 the best. Smoother ride, more power, better for 2up riding. Now saying you like the white is grounds for flaming. But I wont go there. Yes they are decals and are a pain in the ass to remove. My riding buddy has a white one and is in the process of removing them. They are stuck on there real good. He got one side done and it took him weeks. It doesnt come off like peeling a regular sticker off. The decals come off in little chips, very time consuming. I would rather save my time and patients and go with another color. But black ones are the fastest.:rofl

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
have them sanded by a painter then re painted white, fastest way by far.....................but it will still be slower than a blue one, or a black..... um and green ........... er .. even grey!

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes. The 07 Diablo black 14's are the fastest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts