Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week is the official press intor of the ZX14.

Will they complain it wont turn in like a ZX10, or is heavier than a R1, or not as comfortable as a Gold Wing. Will the fuel injection be glitchy, or smooth as silk like a CBR1000RR.
What will they complain about, surely they will, they always do.

OR will we hear how it is the kick ass best mega bike on the planet, as will be reported by the Euro magazines?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
They won’t make those complaints; they can’t! The press, better than us, know that the 14 cannot be put into any classification category that these motorcycles are listed under. The ZX-10R is supersport, of course the public should expect an R1 to be lighter, and the GoldWing’s premise is completely off-target of the 14.

I had no idea the CBR 1000RR had such good fuel injection. I personally think the technology and the engine will be top-notch as Kawasaki has had time to troubleshoot through its research and development.

I think it will command good reviews. I have noticed that Mama K seems to be doing more advertising these days, so if the rumor that "more advertising money means more favorable reviews" is true, then I guess the reviews will be good.

Realistically, I think the consensus will be the same: Kawasaki is serious and these revamped changes from the 12R to the 14 are only a good thing. No other stock motorcycle will be able to surpass the power of the 14. Negative comments will arguably be the aesthetics and styling. I don’t think weight will be an issue.

With the wheelbase being about two inches longer when compared to the 12R, I don’t know what the press will say about that. And while I understand why Kawasaki chose not to release the 14 in its patented green color scheme, I think the press will make comment about also.

And yes, I suspect it will end up with comments that all mean the same thing: Kawasaki currently has the throne for the most powerful hyperbike on the planet!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts