Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's what I started with and it was all from Ebay. I have my leather seat cover, gel pad, memory foam pad and smoothing foam. I used a screw driver to remove staples and a serrated bread knife to cut the foam.

I marked the contour lines on my seat and the outlines of where I needed to cut out for the pads

Then memory foam

Then smoothing layer that is nothing more than head liner that you use in a car. It's purpose is to keep any outlines from the pads from showing through under the leather

I used Loctite heavy duty spray adhesive that is resistant to heat and humidity on both sides of the gel pad and memory foam and the bottom of the smoothing foam. Then all that was left was to use a staple gun to fasten the leather cover down. After riding a couple days I stretched it out again to remove the wrinkle.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
You've got the skills. Looks pretty nice, especially on the 14. Pops nicely.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Beautiful job on your seat! The question is, how is it on a 600-mile day? I have tried several different seats, pads, memory foam, gel, etc., etc., and the only thing I've found that makes a big difference is my Airhawk R. I have a pretty bony ass ( I know, TMI) and the Airhawk distributes weight and pressure better than anything I've tried.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I was pretty happy with how it turned out too. As far as long rides I'm gonna have to wait to see how it does, I've only gone a couple hours on it so far but it seems great. I drive 40 minutes to work each way and by the end of the week, plus any side trips I went on, I'd be feeling a little saddle sore between the cheeks. My first long trip will probably be memorial day weekend to the bourbon trail in Kentucky so after that I'll have a good idea how it does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts