Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the rectifier but it still shuts down after the bike seems too get hot...help please anybody!!

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
"Seems to get hot"? Does it blow steam out the overflow? If not, it's not getting really hot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did hear a bubbling sound in the reservoir tank...?
Why did you replace rectifier?
What year 14?
Did your high temp warning flash?
What mods?
Vapor lock?
The reason why I replaced it because a friend bike did the same thing and he replaced the it and bike never did it again.

Temp light came on once so I topped off coolant ...that's when this cutt off thing started?

Pcv and full system only..

What is vape lock?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason why I replaced it because a friend bike did the same thing and he replaced the it and bike never did it again.

Temp light came on once so I topped off coolant ...that's when this cutt off thing started?

What is vape lock?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts

What is vape lock?
Are you honestly saying your friend's bike was cutting out so he just randomly replaced the rectifier and it started running right? And then you topped off your coolant after seeing the hot light, which caused yours to cut out so you also replaced the rectifier? Did his bike get hot also?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
My wild blind internet guess is that you have air in the cooling system from not properly burping it out and that's what's causing it to get hot which is somehow cutting the ignition. If it doesn't get hot, it doesn't cut out, so burp the cooling system according to the manual. If it still gets hot, you might have a blown head gasket or a cracked water jacket and lots more trouble than a simple ignition glitch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts