Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longgg story short. After installing a cut pan. Noticed air box filled with oil. Seller never mentioned relocating or cutting crank case breather tube. There are 3 ways to go as far as I see. #1 Pull tube off air box extend hose and put little round breather under gas tank. #2 Remove pan ugg and cut tube. Im just worried if tube to long and not cut is it really venting? And #3 do both. Any of you guys just do #1? I really dont feel like pulling this thing all apart.
:headscratch

·
16,062 Posts
Could be something simple like,
Cut the pan and still put the same amount of oil in.
Could be over filled now and why oil is getting sucked into the air box.
Just a guess.

Also, could be from doing wheelies :squint

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be something simple like,
Cut the pan and still put the same amount of oil in.
Could be over filled now and why oil is getting sucked into the air box.
Just a guess.

Also, could be from doing wheelies :squint
My first thought was did i over fill it? Even though I checked it Before. It sucked about 2 qts out of the bike. There was barley anything in the site glass. I got lucky I came home before I blew the engine. Everytime I took a turn it smoked the whole block out I was like what the hell. It was the oil moving around in the air box. I have been doing some searching online and it seems to be common when you shorten the pan and dont modify the vent. I wish the guy told me before I put everything together. Now that the bike has been sitting the oil from the airbox filled up the cylinder before i could get to it and the motor will not turn over. It is hydraulic lock. What a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
262 Posts
did u pull off the oil return line that goes into the pan? it would be way to long and kink if you didnt pull it off on install.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did u pull off the oil return line that goes into the pan? it would be way to long and kink if you didnt pull it off on install.
No didnt pull or cut anylines. I will have to pull the pan off again and look. Thanks. Are there any pics of this mod?

·
Registered
262 Posts
No didnt pull or cut anylines. I will have to pull the pan off again and look. Thanks. Are there any pics of this mod?
wow who did u buy the pan from? my retailer gave me a sheet of nice insructions for the install. and made sure that i pulled off that oil return black tube from the bottom. u can just pull it off and make sure u grab ur metal clamp off of it also.

with that drain tube kinked it might not be allowing the oil to return to the pan properly making the oil backup and go eslewhere... :eek:hno

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Purchased it from ebay. The guy said there was suppose to be directions on pan or box. There are none. He told me to cut both lines 3/4 of an inch. I really hope thats enough. If the rubber line is just a vent to the air box, why not cut it further.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I am having the same problem with my bike ..10" ZX14....blowing white smoke. The shop says there was oil in air box. No one knows how it got there. I no modifications, exception of added Voo Doo pipes. There's not tech bull on this issue.
Any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts