Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Addiction has been defined as physical and/or psychological dependence on psychoactive substances (for example alcohol, tobacco, heroin, caffeine and other drugs) which cross the blood-brain barrier once ingested, temporarily altering the chemical milieu of the brain. Broadly, addiction is defined as the continued use of a mood altering addictive substance or behaviours despite adverse consequences.[1] Some defining characteristics of addiction include impaired control over the substance/behaviour, preoccupation with the substance/behaviour, continued use despite consequences, and denial."

I was worried! The more I ride, the faster I want to go. I thought I had a problem, so I looked it up....and to my delight, I do not have a problem! I am not in DENIAL, so therefore I am not addicted! Ahhhhhhhhh....:rofl:crazyloco:runaway:thefinger

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Riding an excellent handling, ungodly fast sportbike is very addicting. You are definitely addicted. Why be in denial? I admit to being hopeless addicted to sportbikes............and proud of it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 14 is a girls bike....................................

:nana :rotflmao :mfclap :evil :rotflmao :nana
Thats hillarious! My uncle rides a Concours, he told me "Whenever you grow up you'll trade that toy in for a mans bike."....AND HE WAS STRAIGHT FACED SERIOUS!!!!

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
I think this is a man's bike

·
Premium Member
13,202 Posts
You definitely get accustomed to going fast. I believe the term is "velocitized'
when you feel like normal highway speeds are slow.

·
Premium Member
13,202 Posts
Harley riders call a Sportster a "girl's bike" These are the same guys that pack up and ride 5-10 mph under the posted limit, but when they're driving their 4wd pickups with the bar-and-shield stickers on the back window they run 15-20 over, pass on the right and weave in and out of traffic like a sportbike squid.:evil

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
So your saying a 4wd pickup doesn't handle or stop like a sport bike?:headscratch oh well I guess its still better than a Harley :rotflmao

·
Registered
366 Posts
I once made a joke at the beemer dealer that beemers were not girls bikes but gays like them then the counter guy asked what I was riding and I pointed to my bike and said that 2009 blue K1300GT.

I told him I also have 4 Kawasakis as back up should I ever feel "funny" riding the beemer.

:evil

·
Premium Member
13,202 Posts
So your saying a 4wd pickup doesn't handle or stop like a sport bike?:headscratch oh well I guess its still better than a Harley :rotflmao
No, I'm saying Harley riders drive their 4wd pickups faster than they ride their bikes. If they drove like they ride, phalanxes of 4wd pickups would clog traffic driving bumper-to-bumper and side-by-side at 10 mph under the posted limit.

·
Premium Member
13,202 Posts
I once made a joke at the beemer dealer that beemers were not girls bikes but gays like them then the counter guy asked what I was riding and I pointed to my bike and said that 2009 blue K1300GT.

I told him I also have 4 Kawasakis as back up should I ever feel "funny" riding the beemer.

:evil
So if you're ever toodling down the Interstate on the Beemer and you feel the sudden urge to go see a Broadway musical or just plain be fabulous, you need to turn around, go home, and break out one of the Kaws.:crackup

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Harley riders call a Sportster a "girl's bike" These are the same guys that pack up and ride 5-10 mph under the posted limit, but when they're driving their 4wd pickups with the bar-and-shield stickers on the back window they run 15-20 over, pass on the right and weave in and out of traffic like a sportbike squid.:evil
:rotflmao

I lead a ride with a local riders group (first and last time) all harleys and assorted cuisers. At 4 mph over I would start to lose them. I was screaming in my helmet," I know all you puckers drive your flipping cars faster than this, Come on!"

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was riding with a local group in Corpus Christi a few nights ago....ALL Sport or Super Sport....Corpus Christi Ruff Riders or something like that....about 5 mph UNDER posted limit for over 40 minutes...needless to say I LEFT THEM!

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Last time I rode with a cruiser group, I thought I would have to put the kickstand down in the corners to keep from falling over. I had to break off. I just couldn't take it any longer.:banghead

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
On that ride the last 20 miles my patience broke. one guy on a victory kept up.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
When I had a 83 GS1100E about 5 dudes I rode with were so slow I called them the 35MPH club.One buddy who had a 82 KZ1000 used to streetrace all the time.I could take him except in the twisties.That dude could ride.Too bad he died from a brain tumor.He never got a chance to ride a sportbike.Timmy you are missed.
Craig

1 - 20 of 33 Posts