Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posted on the UK Kwaks Owners Club forum.

ZX14 1/4 numbers....from Rickey Gadson......

http://www.psychobike.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=22365;st=0;r=1;&

The important bits:

2006 Kawasaki ZX14 mods-------slammed no air filter THATS IT!!!!

Stock pipes
stock gearing
87 octane pump gas
stock tires
ABSOLUTELY NO TRICKS

60ft ............... 1.56
330ft ............. 4.04
660ft ..............6.08 @ 120.90
1000ft ............7.85

1320ft 9.36 @ 147.71 :eek

With mods:

64 inches
Pirelli
Air shifter
MR9
SLIP ON MUZZYS CANISTER
no Air filter
1 tooth smaller counter shaft(16)

1.36 1.37
3.66 3.68
5.59 @ 126.55 5.62 @125.73
7.28 7.32

8.73 @ 154.55 [email protected] :scared

·
Registered
1 Posts
reply 1/4 times

Thats crazy!!:scared Im the first at my dealership to get the new zx-14 and cant wait. With these times posted im really excited now. When is it coming out?????MARCH? APRIL?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I know Ricky Gadson has had his ZX-14 for a while now, before the dealers have had them in. How close is his ZX-14 compared to the final production one being released stateside??

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
beansbaxter said:
I know Ricky Gadson has had his ZX-14 for a while now, before the dealers have had them in. How close is his ZX-14 compared to the final production one being released stateside??
Rickey Gadson's words in the link:

'As promised..........................here are the official numbers and info everyone around the country is waiting for.

I am doing this as a public service so lets not let this get out of hand with the non-believers.

These are real production motorcycles and the performances are real, and realistic, and can be duplicated with any off the shelf ZX14, cause we have tested more than one with same results.I hope no one has built up there expectations so high that the real numbers are un-impressive.........................but here it is.'

Sounds like this performance is repeatable though there may not be that many people that can ride the 1/4 like a pro drag racer. :wink

I've already started making noises to my wife about getting one though the reality is due to current circumstance I won't be able to for a couple of years. Just have to put pix up all over the place so she gets used to looking at it :grin

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting snippet from Rickey Gadson in that thread:

'during a test we put an average japanese rider on a slammed 06 Busa and a Slammed ZX14 with same everything(down to the gas in the tank), both with stock gearing,and stock pipes.

Hidetti Hoda went 9.90 on the Busa and 9.67 on the Kawi '

There was a rumour going around regards the 9.67 time, this must be what it was about.

·
Registered
604 Posts
All in all, the ZX-14R IS the fastest production motorcycle out there, and everyone know's it!!!! Great find Shortcircuit, good read!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts